Looking to eat a plant based diet but not sure where to start? Here’s a 28 day plant based diet meal plan with a meal planning calendar.
您希望开始进食基于植物的饮食，但不知道从哪里开始？十年前，亚历克斯和我也在那里！从那以后，我们写了食谱Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of thebest vegetarian cookbooksby Epicurious and Food & Wine. We’ve cooked everywhere from our home kitchen to the今天展示with the message that eating mostly plants can be “pretty simple”.
Want all our meal plans?去进食计划ning Ideas。
What is a plant based diet?
The termplant based dietorwhole food plant based (WFPB) diethave been gaining in popularity. But what do they actually mean? Does it mean you never eat any animal products, like a vegan diet, or consume animal products in moderation? There’s a lot of contention about these terms.
许多消息人士都同意植物的饮食正在吃大多数植物的食物，没有动物产品。但有些来源会争辩它是一种饮食only植物，用素食饮食等同于它。阅读更多以下：Plant Based Diet for Beginners
This plant based diet meal plan includes only vegan recipes, but you can determine the level of animal products that’s right for you。We encourage you to decide what plant based means for you! Alex and I eat a mostly plant based diet, which we define as eating mostly vegetarian and vegan recipes, and seafood on occasion. If you’d like to include vegetarian or seafood recipes in your meal plan, check out the options in our素食计划28天ManBetX体育App下载and28 Day Healthy Meal Plan。
This plant based diet meal plan is right for you if you’re looking to eat more plants! The recipes in this meal plan areeasy vegan recipes。As noted above, feel free to work in vegetarian or seafood recipes as well based on how you’d like to define plant based. For a vegetarian meal plan, head to素食计划28天ManBetX体育App下载。If you also eat fish, go to ourHealthy Meal Plan,Mediterranean Diet Meal PlanorPescatarian Meal Plan。
If you have a very specific diet or health condition, consult a medical professional to understand whether these recipes are right for you.
The problem with meal planning calendars
For Alex and me, one problem with meal planning calendars and weekly meal plans is that they offerno flexibility。Most meal plans we’ve found call for cooking something new every day of the week. They’re overwhelming with the amount of food prep that they call for! They also don’t account for your schedule: what if Monday nights I have a weekly meeting where I eat dinner? Or this Friday night I’m going out with friends?
Here’s what makes our plant based diet meal plan different:
- Spotlight dinner ideas。For us, dinner is our main meal where we cook and get the majority of our nutrients for the day. Our approach is to go big on dinner, and then do super simple things for breakfast and lunch. That’s what works for us! At the bottom of the meal plan you’ll find lists of healthy breakfast ideas, snack ideas, and lunch ideas. You can use these, or find others that fit your tastes.
- Pick 3。每周，我们提供3种健康的晚餐。你可以在那周的任何一天制作它们！这鼓励您根据您的日程安排和特殊品味自定义思路。它还鼓励进食剩菜。
- Repeats。Since we only offer 3 dinner ideas, this also encourages you to make dinner ideas you liked from previous weeks.
What if this meal plan doesn’t work for me?
It’s possible this meal plan might not work for you–and that’s ok! This meal plan might provide too much flexibility for you and not motivate you to make the recipes. Or, you might not like the style of these recipes. We know this meal plan is not for everyone, but this is an outline of how Alex and I cook on a weekly basis.
Related:寻找锻炼计划吗？试试我们28 Day Home Workout Plan。
Plant Based Diet Meal Plan
Before you start: here’s how to use our Plant Based Diet Meal Plan!
- Pick at least 3 dinner ideas。Confession: Alex and I don’t cook every night! We make enough for leftovers and eat them throughout the week too, sometimes repurposing them in new ways. For this meal plan,pick 3 days that you want to cook dinners。填写其他天吃剩饭剩菜,做ing “clean out the fridge” meals without recipes, and allow for meals out. If you end up needing more healthy dinner ideas for that week, skip ahead to the next week and try one. (Or, pick one of our otherDinner Recipes!)
- Fill in breakfast, lunch, and snacks ideas。We focus on dinner as the main daily meal, so we keep breakfast, lunches, and snacks SUPER simple. If possible, we love things that don’t use recipes (like English muffins with peanut butter, yogurt with fruit). That way, we save our cooking energy for dinner.
- Copy the links into your Plant Based Diet Meal Plan spreadsheet。使用电子表格使事情更清剿ble than just using a list! Once you’ve taken stock of what your week holds and what nights you’ll have time to cook, fill in your dinner ideas accordingly. We suggest filling out the meal plan on the weekend (Sundays seem to be good for many people).
- Read the meal prep planning notes。Below each week of healthy dinner ideas, we’ve included some meal prep planning notes to help with ways to make ahead or prep in advance.
Plant Based Diet Dinner Ideas Week 1
*Pick at least 3 dinners to cook at home and copy them into your Healthy Meal Plan spreadsheet on the days for Week 1! On days you’re not cooking, use up leftovers or do “clean out the fridge” meals, and allow for meals out.
- Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich（15分钟）
- Best Teriyaki Vegetable Stir Fry(30 minutes)
- Chickpea Couscous Bowls with Tahini Sauce(30 minutes)
- Chipotle Black Bean Tortilla Soup（35分钟）
- Leftoversfrom above*
*Meal Prep Plan Notes
- For the Mediterranean veggie sandwich, you can use either theHerbed White Bean Dipor purchased hummus. For fully plant based, use Kalamata olives instead of feta cheese. You also may want to serve with a green salad, like thisBest Kale SaladorStrawberry Salad。
- 对于鹰嘴豆蒸丸子碗，你可以制作柠檬tahini酱in advance and refrigerate until serving. Make sure to bring it to room temperature before serving. You could also make the couscous in advance, but since it takes only 5 minutes, it’s not a large time saver.
- The Tortilla Soup takes about 20 minutes of hands on time. If desired, you can make the tortilla strips in advance or use crushed tortilla chips (just find chips that are minimally processed, with a few ingredients like corn, oil and salt). You can make the entire soup in advance and refrigerate: the flavor gets better over time!
Plant Based Diet Dinner Ideas Week 2
*Pick at least 3 dinners to cook at home and copy them into your Healthy Meal Plan spreadsheet on the days for Week 2! On days you’re not cooking, use up leftovers or do “clean out the fridge” meals, and allow for meals out.
- Weeknight Chickpea Curry(20 minutes)
- Mexican Sweet Potatoes(30 minutes)
- 花椰菜炸玉米饼与yum yum酱汁（40分钟）
- Make again!1 or 2 favorite dinner ideas from Week 1
- Leftoversfrom above*
- For the Curry, you can make the chickpeas in advance, though they only take 20 minutes! If serving with rice, you can make thebasmati ricein advance and reheat. Tip: To reheat the rice: place the rice in a saucepan with a splash of water and use a fork to break up any clumps. Heat over low heat until warmed through and moist.
- The Mexican Sweet Potatoes, make theCreamy Cilantro Sauce提前和冷藏直到服务直到服务：确保在服务前将其带到室温。你甚至可以用这种酱来为花椰菜炸玉米饼！如果需要，您可以提前烘焙甜土豆;然后在400°F烤箱中重新加热，直至在服务前温暖。
- For the Crispy Cauliflower Tacos, these require a bit more time but it’s well worth it! They are one of our fan favorite recipes and perfect for showing how delicious plant based eating can be! You can make theyum yum酱汁in advance (with vegan mayo for fully plant based), or use leftover Creamy Cilantro Sauce from the Mexican sweet potatoes above. Because the cauliflower takes the most time (about 40 minutes), you can also prepare that in advance and reheat the day of; reheating instructions are in the recipe. We’ve had it both ways and it’s delicious!
Plant Based Diet Dinner Ideas Week 3
*Pick at least 3 dinners to cook at home and copy them into your Healthy Meal Plan spreadsheet on the days for Week 3! On days you’re not cooking, use up leftovers or do “clean out the fridge” meals, and allow for meals out.
- Greek Nachos with Cilantro Drizzle（25分钟）
- Quick Cuban Black Beans（35分钟）
- Tomato Coconut Cauliflower Curry（35分钟，加米）
- Make again!1 or 2 favorite dinner ideas from Week 1 or 2
- Leftoversfrom above*
- 对于奈西氏菌，使皮塔饼芯片和Creamy Cilantro Sauce(or use leftovers from Week 2 above!). You can also use storebought pita chips as a time saver.
- For the Curry, you could chop the vegetables in advance and refrigerate until serving: in that case make the curry within about a day or two. Follow the rice and quinoa prep instructions from Week 3.
Plant Based Diet Dinner Ideas Week 4
*Pick at least 3 dinners to cook at home and copy them into your Healthy Meal Plan spreadsheet on the days for Week 4! On days you’re not cooking, use up leftovers or do “clean out the fridge” meals, and allow for meals out.
- BBQ Bean Tacos with Pineapple Salsa（25分钟）
- Tuscan Soup with White Beans(30 minutes)
- Jackfruit BBQ Sandwich（40分钟）
- Make again!从第1周，2或3周收藏1或2个最喜欢的晚餐思路
- Leftoversfrom above*
- The Tacos are one of our simplest recipes: you simmer the beans in the time it takes to make the pineapple salsa. If desired, you can make the salsa in advance and slice up the garnishes. For a filling side, serve with rice (or to look fancy,姜黄米).
- 对于汤，你可以 and chard in advance and refrigerate until making the soup. In this case, we’d make the soup within a day or two of cutting the vegetables. While the soup simmers, you can whisk up the dressing for the salad. We like using boxed salad greens for easy prep.
- 对于菠萝蜜烧烤，这一个是盒子外面的一点，但很美味！你会感到惊讶的是，菠萝蜜味道像拉猪肉一样。您可以将菠萝蜜提前填充并冷藏直到服务;然后在煎锅中重新加热。你也可以砍掉蔬菜vinegar coleslaw提前：然后在服务前加入敷料。我们的best creamy coleslaw使用素食主义者梅奥也会很棒。
Healthy Breakfast Ideas Weeks 1-4
Alex and I do really, really simple breakfasts that don’t require a recipe so we don’t have to think too hard in the morning. This frees us up to spend most of our creative energy on dinner. Pick any of these to eat throughout the week and copy them into your Healthy Meal Plan spreadsheet. We’ve offered quite a bit of options to account for your breakfast tastes and style. Do repeats as much as you’d like!
- Peanut butteronmultigrain toast或英语松饼
- Avocado toast
- Best Oatmeal with PB&J
- Healthy Granola Recipe用杏仁牛奶
- DIY Instant Oatmeal.
- Toasted Oatmeal
- Cinnamon Pecan Muesli(made in advance)
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies(made in advance)
- Turmeric Vegan Blueberry Muffins(made in advance)
- Glowing Green Apple Smoothie
- 健康的香蕉面包松饼— if you plan to allow some eggs, these banana bread muffins are fan favorites and are easily made in advance! You can also freeze them.
Pick any of these to eat throughout the week and copy them into your Healthy Meal Plan spreadsheet.
- Green Pea Dip&饼干(as minimally processed as possible)
- Dark Chocolate Hummus Recipe和果实
- HummusorGlowing Green Hummus& veggies
- 山核桃小吃店orCashew Snack Bars
- Kale Chips
- Popcorn (Homemadeor purchased without flavoring)
- 脆皮烤鹰嘴豆orCrispy Roasted Black Beans
- See also:Vegan Snacks,健康的小吃食谱万博手机客户端
Healthy Lunch Ideas Weeks 1-4
Lunches can be hard, especially if you’re eating at your desk! Again, Alex and my philosophy for lunches are to keep them super, super simple, without a recipe if possible. Pick any of these to eat throughout the week and copy them into your Healthy Meal Plan spreadsheet.
- Leftovers from any of the dinners!
- Peanut butter (unsweetened) on multigrain toast or English muffin
- Avocado toast
- Simple Chickpea Salad
- Easy Cannellini Beans,容易黑豆or易鹰嘴豆
- 容易填充日期(use thenut butteroption)
- Hummus,Green Hummus, or大蒜草本白豆蘸, veggies and crackers
- Famous Tomato Dip用饼干
- 易鹰嘴豆沙拉三明治(or usecurried chickpea salad)
- Ultimate Hummus Sandwich
- Hummus and Veggie Roll Ups
- Vegan Banh Mi Sandwiches
- Chickpea Saladwith pita or crackers
- 墨西哥奎奴亚藜,黑豆沙拉, orVegan Italian Pasta Salad
- Creamy Vegan Tomato Soupand multigrain bread
- Easy Marinated Tofu(make up a batch and refrigerate; consider serving withbrown rice)
- See also:Vegan Lunch Ideas
Did you like this plant based diet meal plan?
We’d love to hear your feedback on this plant based diet meal plan: let us know in the comments below. And let us know if you have any questions!
If you enjoyed the recipes in this plan, you might enjoy our healthy cookbookPretty Simple Cooking!
About the Authors
Sonja Overhiser is author ofPretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time.