没有比这更好的安慰食品比美国classic: Mac and Cheese! Macaroni and cheese has been around for centuries. The first modern recipe for mac and cheese was included in at 1770 cookbook! With 250 years to refine the concept, there are countless variations on the combination of cheese sauce and macaroni.
And now…the best mac and cheese recipes!
Best noodles for mac and cheese
As you can see from these mac and cheese recipes…macaroni and cheese doesn’t need to use macaroni! There are all sorts of unique noodle shapes to use in mac and cheese recipes. In fact: we prefer it with everything from shells to gigli. The main guideline? Use a short-cut pasta, not long noodles. Here are our favorite短面条的类型对于Mac和奶酪，按优先顺序：
- Gigli（Campanelle）：lily shapes
- Rigatoni：long thicker tubes
Here’s how to make a classic mac and cheese recipe! Cook this ultimate comfort food from scratch and it’s better than any you’ve ever had.
- 1pound short pasta of any type (we like large shells)
- 8盎司sharp cheddar cheese (not aged)
- 8盎司Monterey Jack cheese
- 3汤匙all-purpose flour
- 13/4 cups2% milk
- 1teaspoonkosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoononion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon蒜粉
- 煮意大利面：Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add about 1 tablespoon ofkosher salt。Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Start tasting the pasta a few minutes before the package instructions and stop cooking once the pasta is just tender but still firm. Then drain the pasta in a colander and rinse it quickly with warm water.
- 同时，制作酱：Grate the cheese (if necessary). Measure out the butter, flour, milk, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat the butter over medium heat; when it melts, stir in the flour. Heat the mixture for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Immediately when the color starts to turn light brown, reduce the heat to low. Start to add the milk very slowly: whisk constantly until the mixture is completely smooth, then add a bit more milk until it is fully incorporated, then repeat. Once all the milk is added, add the salt, onion powder, and garlic powder. Continue cooking on low heat for about 2 minutes to thicken slightly, whisking frequently. After 2 minutes, gradually add the grated cheese and keep stirring until it is fully melted.
- Top with breadcrumbs and serve:将意大利面搅拌成奶酪酱，然后用面包屑倒入盘子和顶部。如果您愿意，将其放入烤盘中并将其烤2至4分钟，直到面包屑轻微褐色，根据需要将平移转移到棕色。立即服务。冷藏剩下长达4天。用牛奶飞溅再加热炉灶并搅拌直至奶油。
- 类别：Main Dish
Keywords:Mac and cheese recipes
More great pasta recipes
Love pasta? Here are all the best pasta recipes to try:
- 烤的严格面食This cozy baked pasta is hearty and satisfying for eaters of all kinds.
- Creamy Shrimp Pastaor扇贝面食将贝类与帕玛森，柠檬和长面条相结合，可享用美味的晚餐。
About the Authors
Sonja Overhiser is author of相当简单的烹饪那named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time.